Marshall Center Hosts Seminar for Members of Parliament From Bulgaria
By James Brooks
Public Affairs Office
George C. Marshall European Center for Security Studies
GARMISCH-PARTENKIRCHEN, Germany (Dec. 1, 2015) -- The George C. Marshall European Center for Security Studies held a Tailored Seminar for Members of Parliament from Bulgaria: “Role of Parliament in Security Sector Governance and Oversight” held here Nov. 30 to Dec. 1.
Attending the seminar were 11 members of Parliament from Bulgaria, three staff members from the U.S. Embassy in Sofia and the desk officer for Bulgaria from the U.S. European Command in Stuttgart, Germany.
Parliament members represented the Defense Committee, Internal Security and Public Order Committee, and Foreign Policy Committee.
- State Secrecy vs. Transparency: The Security Architecture under Ministerial Supervision and Parliamentary Control;
- Strategic Defense Reviews and Parliaments;
- Hybrid Warfare and Hybrid Threats on Europe’s Eastern and Southern Flanks;
- Energy Security in Southeast Europe;
- NATO after the Wales Summit;
- European Union: Issues and Initiatives;
- Economic Security in Southeast Europe;
- Civil-Military Relations; and,
- Migration in Europe: Causes, Challenges and Solution