Dr. Ralf Roloff
Prof. Dr. Ralf Roloff has been the Deputy Dean for Resident Programs at the George C. Marshall Center´s College of International and Security Studies (CISS) in Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany, since 2018 and Associate Professor at the Bundeswehr University Munich since 2015. He has also been the Director of the Master in International Security Studies Program (MISS) since 2010. From 2003 to 2018 he was Senior German Professor at the CISS, and from 2015 to 2018 he served as Course Director of the European Security Seminar.
- Associate Professor, Bundeswehr University Munich (2011-2015)
- Acting Professor of International and European Politics, Bundeswehr University Hamburg (2000-2003)
- Acting Professor of International Relations, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz (1999-2000)
- Assistant Professor and Executive Officer, Research Institute for Political Science and European Affairs at the University of Cologne (1994-2001)
- Lecturer and Assistant to the Director of the Department of Political Science, University of Trier (1991-1993)
- Associate Professor, Bundeswehr University Munich (2015)
- Dr. habil., Habilitation; granted by the Faculty of Politics and Social Sciences, Bundeswehr University Munich (2014)
- Dr. habil., Habilitation; granted by the Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences, University of Cologne (1999-2015)
- Dr. phil., Political Science, University of Trier; M.A., Political Science and German Studies, University of Trier
- Robert-Schuman-Fellow, European Parliament (Luxembourg, Strasbourg, and Brussels)
- Fulbright Scholarship, New York University
International Security, International Political Economics, European Integration, European Security Policy, German Foreign and Security Policy, Transatlantic Relations
Prof. Dr. Roloff has published extensively in German, English, and French on international relations, international security, international political economics, EU integration and EU foreign and security policy.
“Germany’s EU Presidency 2020: The Security Dimension and EU-NATO Cooperation,” Marshall Center Perspectives, no. 15 (July 2020).
“The Times They Are A-Changin,” per Concordiam: Journal of European Security and Defense Issues 9, no. 3, 2019: 60-63.
“Demographic Change and Youth in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) Region: Issues of Human or National Security,” (with Nicolas Fulghum, Henrik Simon, and Nicolas Reising), Marshall Center Security Insight, no. 23 (August 2018).
“The Age of Post-Truth: State Influence and Strategic Communication - Contemporary Security Challenges on Europe’s Eastern Flank,” (with Pál Dunay), Connections: The Quarterly Journal 17, no.2 (2018): 19-35.
“Hybrid Threats and Strengthening Resilience on Europe’s Eastern Flank,” (with Pál Dunay), Marshall Center Security Insight, no. 16 (March 2017).
“Crisis Response and Crisis Prevention on Europe’s Southern Flank: Challenges and Opportunities,” (with Valentina Caracci), Marshall Center Security Insight, no. 20, July 2017.
“After Brexit,” per Concordiam: Journal of European Security and Defense Issues 8, no. 1, 2017: 7-9.
“The New Dynamic in the East: Conflicts, Vulnerability, and (Dis)Order,” (with Graeme P. Herd), Marshall Center Security Insight, no. 12, January 2016.
“Rethinking the European Neighourhood Policy,” per Concordiam: Journal of European Security and Defense Issues 6, no. 3, 2015: 34-37.