Colonel (DE) Konrad Lau, German Army
Areas of Expertise
- European Security and Defense Policy
- Transatlantic Relationship
- Diplomacy / Attaché Corps
- Diplomingenieur Maschinenbau (FH) (M.S., Mechanical Engineering) Bundeswehr University, Munich
- Master in Studi Internazionali Strategico-Militari (M.A., International Military Strategy Studies), LUISS University, Rome
Colonel Konrad Lau joined the George C. Marshall European Center for Security Studies in October 2022 where he serves as Course Director for the Program on Applied Security Studies and as Deputy Director for the Seminar on Regional Security Studies.
Prior to joining the Marshall Center, Lau served as Defense Attaché in Santiago de Chile, where he was accredited to Chile, Ecuador and Paraguay. Lau is a graduate of the German Armed Forces General Staff Course in Hamburg and of the Italian Armed Forces General Staff Course in Rome and owns a Diploma in Strategic Political Management and Defense of the National Defense Academy of Armed Forces of Chile.
He has held various leadership and staff positions in the German Armed Forces, was liaison officer to the Italian Armed Forces in Italy and served in the German Ministry of Defense in Berlin. The majority of his positions were related to international cooperation.
He deployed to Kosovo as Battalion Commander and to Afghanistan in different functions (Deputy Chief of Staff of NTMA-A/CSTC-A and Senior Advisor to the Afghan Ministry of Defense).