Special Cyber Supplement
“The objectives of the European Cybersecurity Month are to:
- Generate general awareness about cyber security, which is one of the priorities identified in the EU Cybersecurity Strategy.
- Generate specific awareness on Network and Information Security (NIS), which is addressed in the proposed NIS Directive.
- Promote safer use of the internet for all users. • Build a strong track record to raise awareness through the ECSM.
- Involve relevant stakeholders.
- Increase national media interest through the European and global dimension of the project.
- Enhance attention and interest with regard to information security through political and media coordination...”
Excerpt from George C. Marshall European Center for Security Studies, “Special Cyber Supplement,” per Concordiam: Journal of European Security Defense Issues 10, No. 4, 2021.
This article reflects the views of the author and are not necessarily the official policy of the United States, Germany, or any other governments.