Language Enhancement Course (LEC) Enrollment Instructions
Only a Command Language Program Manager (CLPM) can register a student unless the student is remotely assigned. To register, CLPMs or students must fill out and send the enrollment form to pltce [at] marshallcenter.org no later than 2 weeks before the start of class.
Resident Course information
- DLPT score 2/2 or higher. Test date on DLPT much be within 24 months or conduct a short interview to determine enrollment.
- Cost is $2,000 (covers meals, lodging and instruction) Method of payment: Pay.gov (UTC, GPC, GTC or personal credit card) or MIPR
- Five weeks of Language class equaling 150 hours of training
- Possibility to take two DLPT the final week of class (4 single modalities)
Effective 24 August 2015, civilian clothing is mandatory for all students attending PLTCE. All military service regulations governing the wear of civilian clothes while performing official duties apply. Business casual dress code is strongly encouraged. PLTCE Dress Code Policy attached below.
Online Course information
- DLPT score 2/2 or higher. Test date on DLPT much be within 24 months or conduct a short interview will be conducted to determine enrollment.
- Five week training for 150 hours of instruction with 6 hours of lessons daily conducted with 1-2 hours of video-conferencing for speaking and 4-5 hours, conducting reading, listening and writing assignments at their own pace at their own time zone.
- Online LEC is not cost ($0)
- PLTCE provides instructions and access to Google Classroom and BigBlueButton; Gmail is recommended but other personal emails can be accepted.
- Students are expected to focus on language training full time during the five weeks like a normal SLTE
Enrollment Form Instructions
- Select the enrollment form below and save to your computer before completing
- Then select your language and course dates in the dropdown menu
- Complete your personal and unit information along with your unit finance details
- Save the enrollment form again and have your name and class code as the subject
- Verify the information saved properly
- Lastly, email your completed form to pltce [at] marshallcenter.org with your name and class number in the subject line of the email