Frank Mouritz, Ph.D.
Mr. Frank Mouritz is a researcher at the Bundeswehr University and seconded to the Marshall Center to act as deputy director of the joint Master’s Program in International Security Studies (MISS).
- Security and Interdependence
- International Political Economy
- East Asian Security
- Chinese Foreign and Security Policy
- German and European Foreign Policy
- Humanitarian Interventions
06/2020 Ph.D. in International Relations, Institute of Political Science and European Affairs, University of Cologne
- Dissertation: The Influence of Economic Interdependence on US-China Relations - An Analysis of Economic Incentives for Continued Cooperation
09/2013 M.A. in International Politics and East Asia, University of Warwick
- Majors: International Relations, International Political Economy, East Asian Politics
05/2012 B.Sc. in Social Sciences, University of Cologne
- Major: Political Science & Sociology
- Minor: Business Studies
08/2011 International Summer School, University of Seoul
- Subjects: East Asian Politics, Culture and Economy
10/2020 “Implications of the COVID-19 Pandemic on China`s Belt and Road Initiative,” Connections: The Quarterly Journal, Vol.19, No.2, pp. 115-124.
09/2020 “China`s Economic Statecraft in Europe,” Per Concordiam, Vol.10, No.3, pp. 10-15.
09/2019 “China`s Economic Coercion,” in: China`s Global Influence: Perspectives and Recommendations, edited by McDonald S, Burgoyne M, pp. 174-189, Honolulu: Daniel K. Inouye Asia-Pacific Center for Security Studies.
02/2016 “Die Intervention der USA im libyschen Bürgerkrieg 2011: Überdehntes Mandat als Mittel einer Grand Strategy?” Journal for Intelligence, Propaganda and Security Studies, 10:2, (2016):119-127.
Conferences and Fellowships
08/2020 ECPR General Conference 2020
- Paper: “Implications of the COVID-19 Pandemic on China`s Belt and Road Initiative”
06/2017 ISA International Conference 2017 (Hong Kong)
- Paper: “Are Economic Ties Contributing to Trans-Pacific Peace?”
- Travel Grant: German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
05/2016 Manfred-Wörner-Seminar for Transatlantic Exchange (Belgium & Germany)
- Fellowship from the German Ministry of Defense and the German Marshall Fund
03/2016 G7 Pre-Summit 2016 & Y7 Youth Summit 2016 (Japan)
- Member of the official German Youth Delegation
04/2015 IAPSS World Congress 2015, Birkbeck-University of London (United Kingdom)
- Presentation of Ph.D. project
10/2014 IAPSS Autumn Convention 2014, Radboud University Nijmegen (Netherlands)
- Paper: “Is the International Commitment to Human Rights Dwindling?”