- Nick Pratt, Dr. Chris Harmon and Sebastian Gorka, editors, "Toward a Grand Strategy Against Terrorism," McGraw-Hill, 2010
- Dr. Natalie Hassman. "Dilemmas of Countering Extremest Ideologies: Light at the End of the Tunnel." Moscow University, August 2009.
- Dr. Sabine Collmer. "To Go With the Flow? Change and persistence in patterns of German civil-military relations before and after 1990." Military, Security and Society. Essays in Honor of Jürgen Kuhlmann.. Ed. Christopher Dandeker, Giuseppe Caforio, Gerhard KümmeL. Wiesbaden: VS Publishers, 2009.
- James Wither. "Trends in Warfare." Encyclopedia of violence, peace and conflict. volume 3. 2009.
- James Wither. "Selective Engagement with Islamist Terrorists: Exploring the Prospects." Studies in Conflict and Terrorism, 32, Issue 2(2009): 18-35.
- Dr. Gregory Gleason: "Kyrgyzstan's Multivector Foreign Policy Unravels". RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty 11 Feb 2009.
- Dr. Sharyl Cross, Paul J. Bolt, Su Changhe: The United States, Russia and China Confronting Global Terrorism and Security Challenges in the 21st Century. Westport, Ct.: Praeger Security International, 2008.