The Seminar for Regional Security will take place April 4 to 27 at the Marshall Center. (Marshall Center graphic by Stan Jones)
Dates: April 4 to 27, 2017
Language: English and Russian
Frequency: SRS is held once a year.
- Analyze current security crises
- Understand impact on regional security
- Identify patterns of conflict management
- Consider the gender dimensions of conflict & conflict management
- Practice negotiation techniques
Course Director: Col. (GS) Jörg Kunze
Class Composition/demographics: (As of March 17, 2017) 48 participants from 25 countries; 17 are military and 31 are civilian; and, 33 males and 15 females. Combatant Commands represented: 5 from U.S. Africa Command; 40 from U.S. European Command; and, 3 from U.S. Pacific Command.
Origins: This is the fifth iteration of this resident program at the Marshall Center
Last Time Held: Jan. 21 to Feb. 11, 2016
Photos can be found online at the Marshall Center Photo Gallery.