The Program on Terrorism and Security Studies will be held July 7 to Aug. 4 at the George C. Marshall European Center for Security Studies. (Marshall Center graphic by U.S. Army Spec. Christopher Green)
Course Director: Professor Joe Vann
Scheduled Guest Speakers:
- Michael Bullota from the U.S. Department of Justice
- Dr. Riikka Puttonen from United Nations Office of Drugs and Crime
- Steven Johnston from The White House Office of National Drug Control Policy
- Lisa Holtryn from U.S. Department of Justice
- Director Jorg Beyser from Bayern Landeskriminalamt
- Joseph Wheatley, Assistant U.S. Attorney from U.S. Department of Justice
- Caryn Hollis, Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Counter-Narcotics and Global Threats.
Class Composition/demographics: 84 participants from 58 countries; 34 are from the military from Brigadier General to Second Lieutenant; 50 are civilian; 69 males and 15 females; 12 alumni.
Combatant Commands represented: 13 from U.S. Africa Command; seven from U.S. Central Command; 28 from U.S. European Command; 10 from U.S. Northern Command; 13 from U.S. Pacific Command; and, 13 from U.S. Southern Command.
Organizations: 31 from the Ministry of Defense; two from the Government of Finance; four from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs; 15 from Ministry of Interior; one from Legislative Branch; 11 from cabinet-level ministries; and, 7 from police organizations.
Origins: Part of the Marshall Center’s transnational curriculum, this will be the fourth iteration of the CTOC program, the second under this name. The program was previously titled Countering Narcotics and Illicit Trafficking.
Last Time Held: April 6 to 21
Next Time Held: Nov. 30 to Dec. 15.